(MT-01) Body Kit by Paolo Tesio Proposal

Echangez vos avis, trucs et astuces sur la MT-01...

Modérateurs : Tartofraiz, Tartofraiz, enzo13, enzo13, fraisa, fraisa, Tartofraiz, enzo13, fraisa, Tartofraiz, enzo13, fraisa

Répondre
Miura

(MT-01) Body Kit by Paolo Tesio Proposal

Message par Miura » 20 janv. 2017 11:51

Hi guys,

I would like to propose you something big that could provide us with a before' and an after' in the history of the Yamaha MT-01.

The production of our bike was stopped and no MT-01 real replacement model has ben make. It´s good for us in order than our model is and will be a modern classic bike. But some of us are trying to update the looking of our bike: cutting and rebuilding the rear subframe to get a more modern proportions, shorter exhausts, headlight replacement, colours change, rims change, etc, etc... So, what about if we could order a body kit that could get a deep restyling to our bikes updating them just like if they were the new MT-01 that Yamaha never produced again? And if this aesthethic changes could even be 100% reversible if one day we wanted to have our bike like stock (or pass the legal inspection)?

If you could be interested... continue reading...

Perhaps some of you already know about an italian transportation designer called Paolo Tesio... perhaps you didn´t know his name but you already saw some of his works, like his Ducati Monster S4R/S2R body kits, his Yamaha R6'02 restyling, or his last Buell XB body kit (work in progress). His websites:

http://www.texmotorbike.com/start.html

http://www.bellissimoto.com/PaoloTex.html

http://www.pictaram.com/user/paolo.tex/2122518209

As professional transportation designer that I am, I have to say that his work is amazing. He has a really special talent for motorbikes and even some brands could be inspired by his designs in my opinion.

Ducati Monster S4R/S2R

Yamaha R6 2002

Buell XB12

Once I wrote him congratulating his projects and kidding about when he will make some body kit for our loved Yamaha MT-01, because I´d buy it for sure. Obviously he didn´t have in mind our bike in this moment, but he recognized that it´s a very good starting base... he´s not a factory and I supose he works on bikes that he could have available (from a client for example) to get a digital scan and also to work and test on it physically.

I can tell you that if I was closer to him, I would propose him seriously to build a body kit for the MT-01 and let him work over my bike, but I´m a bit far away. Now that I follow also the Italian Forum perhaps some of them would be interested also in this idea to get a stuning body kit for our MT-01... I mean, a body kit that would syntetize our comun tendences that seem most of us like.

I think that we can do a wishlist with all of us seriously interested in a body kit made by him for our bike in order to make a proposal to Paolo Tesio to design and produce it.

Our bike is an impressive base to develop an amazing body kit... What do you say? Would you want to join the wishlist?

BODY KIT INTERESTED USERS WISHLIST:

1. Miura
2. Murr223 (MT-Owners Forum UK)
3. Paklein (MT Spain)
4. Aitor Stage 3 (MT Spain)
5. Kiko Montero (MT Spain)
6. Juan Patio (MT Spain)
7. ZUKZUK (MT-Owners Forum UK)
8. ChrisBCN (MT-Owners Forum UK)
9. Gorilla GB (MT-Owners Forum UK)
10. Omeo-MT01 (MT-Owners Forum UK)
11. Sergio Benavente (MT España Facebook)
12. Francisco Garrucho (MT España Facebook)
13. Able PM (MT España Facebook)
14. Milky (MT Owners Forum)
15. Raul Naty Tkd (MT España Facebook)
16. Alvaro Guerrero (MT España Facebook)
17. Francisco Garrucho Perez (MT España Facebook)
18. Danieltimms2 (MT-Owners Forum)
19. Vishnuisgod (MT-Owners Forum)
20. TravHall (MT-Owners Forum)
21. David Cerdá (MT España Facebook)
22. Eliminator 44 (Valenkamp Forum)
23. Eltimm (Valenkamp Forum)
24. Bliksem (Valenkamp Forum)
25. Zap (Valenkamp Forum)
26. Eddy-MT (Valenkamp Forum)
27. Lage giering (Valenkamp Forum)
28. Big Smile (Valenkamp Forum)
29. MarTin (Donnermeister Forum)
Dernière modification par Miura le 05 mars 2017 19:35, modifié 13 fois.

Yves83

Re: (MT-01) Body Kit by Paolo Tesio Proposal

Message par Yves83 » 20 janv. 2017 17:41

:( :( Pas possible en FRançais ???? :wink: :wink:
Image Un petit Bonjour du Sud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ImageImage

chris12345

Message par chris12345 » 20 janv. 2017 18:34

Un kit carrosserie peut être intéressant, mais le problème sont les échappements. Pour modifier radicalement l'arrière, il faut revoir entièrement la ligne d'échappement pour une sortie basse et là le prix ça va piquer :x .Pour l'avant, ce serait plus intéressant avec un optique de phare plus "agressif" qui intégrerait le compteur.
Mais tout cela ne va t-il pas dénaturer l'esprit MT-01 :?

Miura

Message par Miura » 20 janv. 2017 22:10

Yves83 a écrit ::( :( Pas possible en FRançais ???? :wink: :wink:
Yves83 a écrit ::( :( Pas possible en FRançais ???? :wink: :wink:

Je suis désolé, mais je ne sais pas le français. Je pourrais écrire ce message en français en utilisant le traducteur de Google, mais il est difficile pour moi de traduire le texte entier de l'anglais au français parce que normalement le traducteur de Google fonctionne mieux d'une autre langue à l'anglais.

Donc, si vous pouviez copier et coller mon texte dans Google traducteur serait beaucoup plus facile.

Miura

Message par Miura » 20 janv. 2017 22:22

chris12345 a écrit :Un kit carrosserie peut être intéressant, mais le problème sont les échappements. Pour modifier radicalement l'arrière, il faut revoir entièrement la ligne d'échappement pour une sortie basse et là le prix ça va piquer :x .Pour l'avant, ce serait plus intéressant avec un optique de phare plus "agressif" qui intégrerait le compteur.
Mais tout cela ne va t-il pas dénaturer l'esprit MT-01 :?
Thanks for your opinion. But I think that a body kit wouldn't necessary change the position of the exhaust pipes, on the contrary, for me high placed exhaust pipes are part of the DNA of the MT-01... Another question is that a deep restyling would continue using the stock ones.. but I think that trying to refresh your MT-01 and continue with your old stock exhausts has no sense...

The best example for me of how a deep restyling can work perfectly in our bike and it would continue using high exhaust pipes is the 2005 MT-0S concept:

The base was a stock MT-01, the result has very diferent that the stock bike and it continued having full 100% MT-01 spirit...

Miura

Message par Miura » 27 févr. 2017 23:31

18 already joined the wishlist!

eliminator44

Message par eliminator44 » 28 févr. 2017 13:50

I posted your story in the Dutch Mt01 Forum.
Six people are interested in a kit, but if they will buy really, that will depend on the price and the looks.
Now it's just speculation.
with blonds more fun
http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/eliminator44

Brut'ALL
Administrateur - Site Admin

Message par Brut'ALL » 28 févr. 2017 18:42

Pour Yves:

Salut les gars,
Je voudrais vous proposer quelque chose de grand qui pourrait nous fournir un avant et un après dans l'histoire de la Yamaha MT-01.
La production de notre vélo a été arrêtée et aucun MT-01 modèle de remplacement réel a ben faire. C'est bon pour nous dans l'ordre que notre modèle est et sera un vélo classique moderne. Mais certains d'entre nous tentent de mettre à jour l'aspect de notre vélo: couper et reconstruire le sous-châssis arrière pour obtenir des proportions plus modernes, des échappements plus courts, le remplacement des phares, le changement de couleur, le changement de jantes, etc ... Nous pourrions commander un kit de carrosserie qui pourrait obtenir un restyling profond à nos vélos les mettre à jour comme s'ils étaient le nouveau MT-01 que Yamaha n'a jamais produit de nouveau? Et si ces changements esthétiques pourraient même être 100% réversibles si un jour nous voulions avoir notre vélo comme stock (ou passer l'inspection légale)?
Si vous pourriez être intéressé ... continuer à lire ...
Peut-être que certains d'entre vous connaissent déjà un designer italien de transport appelé Paolo Tesio ... peut-être vous ne connaissiez pas son nom, mais vous avez déjà vu quelques-unes de ses œuvres, comme son Ducati Monster S4R / S2R body kits, son Yamaha R6'02 restyling , Ou son dernier kit Buell XB body (travail en cours). Ses sites web:
Http://www.texmotorbike.com/start.html
Http://www.bellissimoto.com/PaoloTex.html
Http://www.pictaram.com/user/paolo.tex/2122518209
En tant que concepteur de transport professionnel que je suis, je dois dire que son travail est étonnant. Il a un talent vraiment spécial pour les motos et même certaines marques pourraient être inspirées par ses dessins à mon avis.
Vous en r'voulez une "petite".......!!!
Membre du Club 2022

Miura

Message par Miura » 01 mars 2017 12:48

Brut'ALL a écrit :Pour Yves:

Salut les gars,
Je voudrais vous proposer quelque chose de grand qui pourrait nous fournir un avant et un après dans l'histoire de la Yamaha MT-01.
La production de notre vélo a été arrêtée et aucun MT-01 modèle de remplacement réel a ben faire. C'est bon pour nous dans l'ordre que notre modèle est et sera un vélo classique moderne. Mais certains d'entre nous tentent de mettre à jour l'aspect de notre vélo: couper et reconstruire le sous-châssis arrière pour obtenir des proportions plus modernes, des échappements plus courts, le remplacement des phares, le changement de couleur, le changement de jantes, etc ... Nous pourrions commander un kit de carrosserie qui pourrait obtenir un restyling profond à nos vélos les mettre à jour comme s'ils étaient le nouveau MT-01 que Yamaha n'a jamais produit de nouveau? Et si ces changements esthétiques pourraient même être 100% réversibles si un jour nous voulions avoir notre vélo comme stock (ou passer l'inspection légale)?
Si vous pourriez être intéressé ... continuer à lire ...
Peut-être que certains d'entre vous connaissent déjà un designer italien de transport appelé Paolo Tesio ... peut-être vous ne connaissiez pas son nom, mais vous avez déjà vu quelques-unes de ses œuvres, comme son Ducati Monster S4R / S2R body kits, son Yamaha R6'02 restyling , Ou son dernier kit Buell XB body (travail en cours). Ses sites web:
Http://www.texmotorbike.com/start.html
Http://www.bellissimoto.com/PaoloTex.html
Http://www.pictaram.com/user/paolo.tex/2122518209
En tant que concepteur de transport professionnel que je suis, je dois dire que son travail est étonnant. Il a un talent vraiment spécial pour les motos et même certaines marques pourraient être inspirées par ses dessins à mon avis.

Merci beaucoup pour votre aide à traduire

Miura

Message par Miura » 01 mars 2017 13:05

eliminator44 a écrit :I posted your story in the Dutch Mt01 Forum.
Six people are interested in a kit, but if they will buy really, that will depend on the price and the looks.
Now it's just speculation.
Hi! really great news. Thanks for sharing with the dutch mates. If you could tell me their nicknames in order to increase the wishlist would be great because is important to get a good number of interested people in order to convince Paolo Tesio about the viability of the project... Is the first step of a project: not enough interested people means no viability, so there will not be project.

Regarding the prices and final design, of course at the moment we only can do speculations, but watching the previous works of Paolo we can be sure that the result would be really amazing and a well done job. What I can tell you is the price of the body kit that Tesio already made for the Monster S4R/S2R (Copy&paste Tesio email telling me rates) in order to have a reference:

The kit S4R by TEX is available and includes:
1 - PAIR OF COVER-FORK with its mounting brackets. Installation instructions (successicamente sent by mail)
1 - BACK SEAT + undertail and taillight specific. Installation instructions (successicamente sent by mail)

The bodies are fiberglass blanks (to paint), and can also be bought separately.
prices:
kit FORK OUTER = 390.00 euros
kit BACK SEAT = 440.00 euros

The complete kit (cover + tail) will be sold at the special price of 750.00 euros

Prices are inclusive of VAT. The good thing in this case for example is that the buyer can buy the full kit or only the parts that he´s interested in.

Update: it seems that currently he can produce the kit in full carbon fiber too. (as you can see in one of the photos at the begining of this post)

I think that having a full body kit that updates and refreshes the look of your bike for 750€ is a really good price. Even better if you you think about MT Components prices: 0S fairing kit was 1200€, mono seat kit was 600€, exhaust covers 300€... (2100€...). Think also that you could buy only the parts that you were interested in... For 440€ you can have a new tail end that is already a cool update.

P.S.1: I found your post in the dutch forum and I´m trying to register, but the activation email never arrives to my inbox.... Could you ask to some of the moderators please?

P.S.2: Could you check the names that I got from your forum and confirm which of them are the interested ones please?

ElTimm
bliksem
¡zas
eddy MT
eliminator 44?
lage giering?
Big Smile?

Miura

Message par Miura » 04 mars 2017 12:26

Valenkamp forum friends have joined the wishlist!

We are 28 right now!
Dernière modification par Miura le 05 mars 2017 22:30, modifié 1 fois.

Miura

Message par Miura » 05 mars 2017 19:35

29!!!
Yesterday I sent a facebook message to Paolo Tesio sharing with him our wishlist in order to know if he would be interested in the project or not...

Répondre